Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Follow up

I assume Peter Chiarelli did not read my previous post about Glenn Murray. Or there is a rule that prevented Peter from demoting Murray to take him off the cap. I personally am a little sorry to see Glen go. And I certainly hate carrying his number against the cap without him here...even at the discount that the buy out allowed,
There was that part of me that routes for the underdog who was hoping he could start the year in Providence recover from whatever took away his touch last year and be called up after an injury to become a productive member of the team. Oh well, Glen sorry to see you go and I will be sorry to not see the ads with the blood rivulet down your nose moments before you scored the overtime game winner!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger NDM1978 said...

Murray was never going to be on this team this year! As great as he's been and as much as I like him, his time to go was now. The youth movement is on and he hopefully will be able to catch on with another team and light a fire under himself! Let's just hope its not in the NE Div!

3:13 p.m., August 15, 2008  
Blogger Tom said...

I would guess that a player of Murray's stature would have a 1-way contract, meaning he could not be reassigned to Providence. And of course he can still be a semi-decent player at the NHL level (though I think he's in the same category as Guerin and Tkachuk - "old NHL" players who can't keep up with the faster game) so undoubtedly he would have preferred to be waived or traded. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in LA or Phoenix in a "mentor" role for the youngsters.

bostonblueline.blogspot.com

9:47 a.m., August 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites