Sunday, May 11, 2008

Follow up

There are now four teams remaining in the Stanley Cup playoffs. For those of you who like to lament the loved lost players of yesteryear, lets review the former Bruins who are still lacing them up.

For your Detroit Red wings, one Brad Stuart.

For your Pittsberg Penguins the towering Hal Gill and the slick Sergie Gonchar.

And for their Philadelphia Flyers the sweet Mike Knuble.

I for one would probably welcome back anyone of these players, but not all of them at once. Its interesting that 3 of 4 are defenseman. It is also interesting that there was no revolt by the fan base when these players were sent packing or slipped away.

There is a fourth team in the playoffs that does not have a former Bruin representative. So lets all start routing for Dallas, so we do not have to see another x player hoist another cup before a present one does.

Lastly I have been largely absent at this space this season. I have another internet/life project that has absorbed much of my time since the fall. My hope is that next season I will be able to balance my time more between the two. I also promised that if the team made the playoffs I would lift my anonymity. Revealing the time sink and my true self are going to be one and the same. Well here goes (curtain lifting). Visit me at www.benshotme.com.

Let the free agent and trade debates begin! I have a feeling that Hossa will be here what about you?

2 Comments:

Blogger jimbuff said...

I hope not Hossa - i am not a fan of his - but if we do get him i will root for him and hope he changes my mind

12:05 p.m., May 11, 2008  
Blogger Michael Smith said...

Do you guys have an e-mail address at which you can be reached? I'm a fellow blogger--and by fellow I mean just starting out and not exactly a worthy peer just yet--and I'd like to drop you guys a line. If you don't want to leave it on this open forum you can reach me at my blogger user name @ gmail.com .

Thanks guys!

5:26 p.m., May 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites