Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bruins - Canadiens, 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs

One of my co-workers just found out I was a Bruins fan, and he thought it would be nice to share his story regarding the 2004 playoff series against the Canadiens. Usually, I don't need to be reminded of this series, but I thought this was interesting.

Gilles attended game two of the series which was won by Boston, 2-1 in OT. After the game he went to gibby's, a popular restaurant in Old Montreal. It was hard for him and his friend to get a seat, and he ended up sitting next to the entrance of the busy restaurant. His initial poor luck turned in a positive direction as he began to see very large, well dressed men walk into the building. When Mike Sullivan walked in, he knew who had fallen into his lap.

He instantly asked the server if there was anyway that he could get the team to autograph something. The team agreed, but having nothing he needed to run off to buy a suitable item, and quickly! Here are some picture I took today of the item. Enjoy!



Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger jimbuff said...

Awesome!!!!!!

10:01 a.m., May 16, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

I thought you might like that Jim. Someday soon hopefuly we will get some more Monday fun from you as well.

7:03 p.m., May 16, 2007  
Blogger fitzski said...

That's awesome, guys!

8:40 a.m., May 17, 2007  
Blogger number4bobbyorr said...

Very cool!

10:51 a.m., May 18, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

No more merchandise pics. from me until the season starts.
However, I will be sharing some of my personal Bruins stories and advetures I have had over the years this summer - stay tuned.

12:11 p.m., May 18, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

Treebob:
Ask your co-worker if he is willing to sell it. I would be interested if he is.

12:12 p.m., May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites