Monday, May 07, 2007

Back From the Dead

So I was browsing TSN the other day and came upon this article. I figured it might be good if I wrote a post every month or two. I should apologize for not being on the site lately, but I have little time; with things like a job, wife, 3 kids and a girlfriend. Hopefully, by the time the season starts I'll have my life in order and possibly become a regular contributor. Thankfully, neb is single handedly keeping the site running. I am sure any day/week/month Buff will get a computer working as well.

So this article basically lays out the present and future situation, outlines gaps and possible fillers from the upcoming free agent period and draft. While the article doesn't bring up anything particularly new it's nice to have everything summed up. On forward, I would be all over picking up Mike Peca. This team would improve over night defencively, especially on the penalty kill. With Peca though you are just waiting for his next injury to occur.

On defence, I think the Bruins should pick up at least one defencman (Scott Hannan) via free agency, re-sign Bobby Allen, and maybe take a chance on one of the young Providence blue-liners. This will become clearer later in the summer as free agency begins. I'm not sure how good Murray would be for trade bait. While many teams would like to have him, it is unlikely many would spend the dough to get him. San Jose is an obvious destination for him, because with Thornton, Murray played some of his best years. Thomas as bait doesn't make a lot of sense to me personally, because we have no one ready to replace him. Also, we would not get a goalie in return for Thomas and we certainly would not be saving any money by dumping him. We just cannot trade Thomas! If Toivonen or Thomas were offered up the most we might hope to get are some 2nd or 3rd round picks. Useless...

I want Niklas Backstrom! Could you just imagine the one two punch from Thomas and Backstrom!

What do you guys all think?

NHL.com posted another good article for your reading pleasure, this time on Ben Walter.
Enjoy!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger neb said...

woah... you must have hurt you fingers typing all that...

good to have you back

7:32 a.m., May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they can do it, I would absolutely love to have Roman Hamrlik on this team.

6:58 p.m., May 08, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Well it didn't hurt my fingers but it hurt my shoulder!

*TreeBob has now but put on the 60 day DL, retroactive to May 7th*

7:11 p.m., May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TreeBob: the Al Iafrate of bloggers

9:47 p.m., May 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites