Thursday, April 19, 2007

Doobie becomes a solo act

Great acts have seen their members strike out on their own before. Peter Gabriel left Genesis. David Lee Roth left Van Halen. Bill Bruford and Rick Wakeman left Yes. Patrick Moraz, who replaced Wakeman, then left and was replaced by Tony Kaye. But then a decade later, Wakeman returned to the band and...oh hell...you know where I'm going with this.

Yours truly is striking out his own.

It wasn't an easy decision and was something I've been pondering for months now. When I broke the news in an IM with TreeBob last night it felt like I was breaking up with a girlfriend (luckily, it was a sexless relationship). Without a team of writers it's going to mean I'm going to have to write a lot more, maybe get the NHL package so I can watch more games, do a lot more research and...wait, who's frigging bright idea was this anyway??

I'm glad to be making an amicable break. TreeBob even insisted I write a farewell post and link to my new site before I leave. Heyyyyy, that means I can shill my new website, The Spoked B, all I want! I'll try not to let this go to my head.

So swing on by to The Spoked B. I'm cutting my teeth on WordPress, so who knows what the site will look like on any given day. It'll be a fun ride. Really.

Just pray I don't become the next Patrick Moraz.

(pssssstspokedb.com)

2 Comments:

Blogger Russ said...

LOL at the Yes timeline. Fantastic!

Good luck with the new site, make sure you use our NEW URL with your link, that's www.thebruinsreport.com, so when I go swing by spokedb.com, I'm sure I'll see thebruinsreport.com.

Right?

Seriously, best of luck, the world needs more B's bloggers.

9:36 p.m., April 19, 2007  
Blogger Doobie said...

I'm sorry, was that TEHBRUINSREPORT.com, THEBRUUNSPRORET,com, or LESHABS.com? Seriously though, you're there. How can I leave out the King of all Podcasters? :)

As for Yes, please. Be happy I didn't mention when they essentially merged with the Buggles (which, actually, is a pretty underrated album).

12:12 a.m., April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites