Friday, December 15, 2006

Hey! I got to see a game!

Living in central NJ means that Bruins games are tough to come by. And when you work 2nd shift, it only makes things worse since the games tend to happen while you're at work. However, just last weekend I realized that, apparently, my DirecTV package allows me to get Fox Sports NY, meaning that I'm able to at least see Devils games. That allowed me to TiVo tonights Devils-Bruins game. Rock on.

So I grabbed me a couple of Sam Adams from my holiday pack (an Old Fezziwig Ale and a Winter Lager if you're scoring from home) and pulled up some couch to watch the game. Here are a few observations.
  • I thought that Jim Paek came out of retirement to sign with the Bruins, but that was only new Red Sox import Daisuke Matsuzaka in a #18 Bruins jersey dropping the puck before the game.
  • Nothing beats a garbage goal by your team to start the game.
  • Where the hell are the fans?? I know it's a weeknight, but the ice-level seats appeared to be only 50% filled. I think it was even worse at the beginning of the game, but people eventually must have figured this out and wound their way down from the cheap seats by the 3rd period.
  • Where the hell was Glen Murray?? I think I saw him once in the first two periods. The boxscore says 19:23 minutes of ice time but I just didn't see it. Maybe he was hiding behind Chara.
  • Wow, Peter Chiarelli really looks like George Costanza. This could lead to innumerable insults if he winds up sucking as GM.
  • Zdeno Chara really doesn't like Brian Gionta. Really. There seems to be some genuine bad blood between them. Not sure where it originated, but the Devils' announcers mentioned a game last year in which Gionta threw Chara into the net when he played for Ottawa. That must have been pretty embarrassing.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Ah, Gionta is just jealous because he is a midget.
Nice site, guys! The Bruins logo in the background is sweet indeed.

6:54 p.m., December 15, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

...and remember folks, we had it here first. Not those guys over at Bruinsrumors.

zanstorm I am glad you like the site. I like your At-Ats. :)

7:06 p.m., December 15, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Smither and Engineer, so are you working for the mining or forest industry?

7:21 p.m., December 15, 2006  
Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Forest industry! Engineered just sounds so professional don't it?!

7:39 p.m., December 15, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Cool. You working at West Fraser? I work for Environment Canada in the Forest Products Section. I just created a Wood Products database for all of Canada. It is freaking big and took along time!

7:43 p.m., December 15, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

If you get this come to our chat on the main page.

7:44 p.m., December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites