Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's time to start talking trash


You know what? It's getting pretty dull being a Bruins fan. Sure it's been years since the team's been a legitimate force, but that shouldn't stop us from aggravating our opponents (and their fans) and trying to light some fires under snoozing rivalries. I mean, that's what rivalries are for, right? The B's came close to being downright nasty with the Leafs a couple of weeks back, but just soon as the hit on Chara came, it ended. Just when you thought there was going to be retaliation a mere three days later, nothing happened.

That being said, no one should say that us here at GotG are lax in the jeering department, so let me lead a series of insults against everyone's favorite rival, Les Habs. And since schoolyard taunts are still my favorite, let me recommend a few nicknames for their players.

Saku Koivu = Sack O' Shit
Guillaume Latendresse = Guillaume Latex Dress
Radek Bonk = Radek Bust
David Aebischer = David Have-a-chair
Janne Niinimaa = Janne Enigma Enema (thanks Jocelynn!)

These are just a few off the top of my head. Feel free to chime in, especially if you've got funnier ones. The more vicious and juvenile, the better. Hell, if we're lucky and we've got enough clout, we can get people to start yelling these during games.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger number4bobbyorr said...

Ah... you bring me back to my Jr. high school days. I used to taunt my friend, who was a habs fan, with names like:

Ken Drydock
Rocket Retard (now that's juvinile)

My favorite though was my nickname for Guy Lafleur: I'd call him Guy Lafleur.

But hey, I *was* in Jr. high at the time...

Thanks for lightening things up a bit.

8:56 p.m., December 13, 2006  
Blogger Jocelynn said...

I always thought Niinimaa sounded like enema.

9:33 a.m., December 14, 2006  
Blogger Doobie said...

Even better!

2:04 p.m., December 14, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Jocelynn I can't believe your first post here has the word enema in it. :)

6:46 p.m., December 14, 2006  
Blogger Jocelynn said...

I teach elementary school: constantly around humans that love bathroom humor.

9:18 p.m., December 14, 2006  
Blogger Doobie said...

And trust me, you'll be in your own element here.

12:02 a.m., December 15, 2006  
Blogger Russ said...

Sucku Koivu
Latendresse - "that stupid fucking rookie who ended Rob DiMaio's career" (yeah I know it's long, but I'm sticking with it)

That's pretty much all I've got, but hey, they work for me ;-)

11:10 p.m., December 15, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

"Latendresse - "that stupid fucking rookie who ended Rob DiMaio's career""

It sort of rolls of the tongue :)

11:22 p.m., December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites