Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bruins lose to Sched.

Before I start my rant on this post I would like to officially apologize to Treebob. After last nites loss to NJ I messaged him that it was his fault for saying earlier in the day that NJ had no offence. I blamed him for jinxing the Bruins. I am man enough to admit I was wrong and the loss was not Treebobs fault at all.

However, the loss was also not the Bruins fault either. I am sure many blogs will blame Goalies, defence and/or offence. In reality the Bruins lost last nite's game because of the schedule maker. There is no other reason for this loss - the league is 100% at fault.

Let me explain the obvious - in case you missed it. The Bruins have played and beaten the Toronto Maple Leafs 4 times in the last 2 weeks. The Leafs are a much weaker team and having so much dominance over them of late gave the Bruins a false sense of accomplishment. The Bruins beat the Leafs so easily that it made them begin to think that they were better than they actually were. They thought going into NJ that because they can beat The Leafs without going full out that they could beat any team this way. They were wrong - The Bruins played the Leafs so much that they forgot how to play against an average or above average team. The Devils are in no way as good as The Bruins but in order to beat them we must still take them seriously and play hard - we have to realize that not every team we play is going to be as bad as Toronto.

With the schedule, I have no problem with playing division teams as much as we do (hell I would like to play The Leafs more - easy points); just spread out the games more so that instances like this don't happen. The Bruins lost 2 easy points last nite because of being accustomed to playing the same weak opponent to much in a short time span.

However, there is still one positive that comes from last nite's loss. That is: it is a wake up call and a reminder that we have to work for our wins on most nites. I guarantee that The Bruins, because of last nite, will come out flying in their next 3 or 4 games.

I was going to add a rant about how to get Kessel going but I will save that for later on in the week.

Go Bruins Go !!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Doobie said...

The new schedule blows. I want to see the Bruins play the West coast teams more often. Playing the same teams repeatedly may build rivalries, but it gets old after a while.

8:20 a.m., December 10, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

It is still my belief that Jersey has no offence, and if the Bruins players actually read our blog then maybe I created some sort of false mojo for them. Hey maybe they do read us; I told Lewis to keep Hoggan up and he did!

I missed the 1st intermission. Did they say why they pulled Thomas? If it was just to give him time off then they should have done that from the start and not in the middle of the game.

11:55 a.m., December 10, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

timmy WAS pulled to give him time off. I agree also that Hannu should have started if they were going to pull this move.
- even if the bruins read our site it is still b/c we got used to playing the shitty leafs so much - got lazy and developed bad habits b/c we can play that way and beat them. NJ is a different story - a reality slap in the face. I still feel if we played better teams before NJ we would have kicked their ass.

2:27 p.m., December 10, 2006  
Blogger neb said...

how bout this... if pj axelsson was on the first line they would not have been -9 as a group.... perhaps per-johan puts peeps in their place.

the good news is they were in this game for the first two periods. the bad news is we have not learned how to beat good teams yet...just mediocre ones, on that note you are not going to beat the good teams every time either, so we get a second stab at them at our pond again on thursday. lets see how round two goes.

3:47 p.m., December 10, 2006  
Blogger number4bobbyorr said...

It seems to me that Lewis started Thomas because he wanted to win this game. But when he proved to be mediocre he decided to let Toivanen have at it. Sure, they game Thomas the time off. But they didn't realize he needed it that badly until the end of the first period...

6:29 p.m., December 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites