Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Don't Understand These Feelings!

I know it doesn't matter and I really should not care but when The Leafs bested The Bruins yesterday in a shoot out I was very upset. I know it is only pre-season and there isn't even points awarded, let alone an extra one for a shoot out win but it upset me anyway. Maybe I am a little too competitive (understatement here) but getting this mad over an exhibition game is bordering on insane - I do know the difference but these feeling are internal and I can not control them - I really was upset - I am calmed down now but imagine if The Bruins lose to The Habs today and my Cowboys lose to The Bears (I could be on breakdown status).

Anyway the score in the game yesterday was 3-3 before the shootout. Kessel, Allen and Thompson scored for The Bruins. Thomas played well in making 37 saves (Bruins gave up 40 shots on him AGAIN!) and Kubina scored the shootout winner for The Leafs after 13 other shooters either missed or were stopped. Special teams were a key in this game as all of Boston's goals were via the power play and 2 out of 3 for the Leafs were also with the man advantage.

I can't wait for the regular season to start so my emotions are justified to some extent. Do they really need to play this many pre-season games? Isn't the season plus playoffs enough hockey for the players - just greed and money on Bettman's part is all I can figure this excessive exhibition schedule is for.

Despite this pre-season sputter; the Bruins should still take it all this season - The Cup is finally going to be ours again:)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger TreeBob said...

It so is ours!!!

12:42 p.m., September 23, 2007  
Blogger President of Bruins Nation said...

Amen to that

4:47 p.m., September 23, 2007  
Blogger neb said...

b's just lost to montreal... i actually hope for your sake the cowboys are respectable, later tonight. we do not need to have you on a watch this early in the fall (and by fall i do not mean what your teams may do).

5:34 p.m., September 23, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

neb,
fall was last month! It is full blown winter now. It hasn't stopped snowing here for the last 48 hours. Where do you live to think that October is fall - Jamacia???

8:44 p.m., September 23, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

Sorry neb it is still only September (not October like I said last nite) - I guess it isn't wintwer everywhere yet. It is still snowing here today though.

Cowboys kicked ass!!!!

8:03 a.m., September 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites