Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I had to stop reading

Whilst in search of the little bit of Bruins or just plain hockey bloggins that would be of interest to me, I recently came across a blog that I had to stop reading for its shear idiocy. So stupid I refuse to link it (Treebob!). The premise this blogeteer was putting into the blogosphere was that the San Joser Sharks were like the New England Patriots. I had to stop at like paragraph two. Comparison of a team that has done nothing to one as dominant as the Patriots got my little head spinning. A team that has won 50 percent of the last 6 championships compared to a team that has failed get by the conference semi-finals and only once to the conference finals in this same period, well it is just plain foolish. I really stopped reading when I read that the the blogger thinks the Sharks were using the Pats playbook when they signed Big Joey to an affordable 7.2 million for an additional three years. I personally do not believe the Patriots would lock up such a high percentage of there cap flexibility like this on one player, even if said player, was thought to be one of the best in the league. Bye, bye Adam V, Bye, bye Ty Law. My guess is that this same blogger would think a fair comparison would be Tom Brady to Joe Thornton in his the Sharks are like the Pats universe. Anyone else out there laughing right now at the pure dimwittedness of a statement like that?

Oh, Jeremy and Co. Must be very happy Today as the Kings have relieved them of having to pay Davey Lewis's remaining severance.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger jimbuff said...

The Sharks and Pats are comparable to me - I dislike both teams.
However your point is correct - The Pats are proven winners and The Sharks are proven chokers.

2:17 p.m., August 29, 2007  
Blogger Nevets said...

Well, the Patriots rule, and the Sharks dont. Enough said.

Eklund said today Hossa was being considered by the Bruins for 2 top six forwards.....maybe for #5 and 6, I think, but no higher.

WTF, I am no GM.

6:18 p.m., August 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew, after that first sentence, I thought you were talking about me!

BTW, I can;t wait to see how "improved" the Kings defense is this year. LOL

11:09 p.m., August 29, 2007  
Blogger neb said...

nevets, i allowed two comments by you, but for some unknown reason only one got in???? repost if you like and i will try to let it in again.

11:33 p.m., August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites