Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fu#k The Shootout!!!!!

The Bruins play their hearts out again just to lose in another stupid penalty shot competition!
I hate the shootout - even when the Bruins win (which is a rarity) I hate it. It is not an acceptable way to decide a hockey game. Have it stay a tie or if they need a winner in regular season games they should play hockey until someone wins. The league doesn't use it in the playoffs because they know it is not the right way to decide a winner, so why use it in the regular season.

Oh yeah, Kessel recorded his 6th goal already this season - keep it up Phil!

2 Comments:

Blogger NICk said...

I agree. Reaching 100 pts in a season isn't as hard as in the past. I hope the NHL goes back to a 20 minute OT instead of the OT/Shootout. I liked it at first but it gets old.

I was at the Buffalo game and I was frustrated because Boston owned the First Period and then sh*t the bed the rest of the game. I was pulling my hair out after the Stafford goal where they let him skate in untouched.

Thomas should be #1.

12:53 p.m., October 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The biggest problem with the shootout, is the skew in point differential that this has produced. If the NHL went with 3 pts. for a regulation win, and then 2 pts. for an OT/shootout win and 1 pt. for an OT/shootout loss then we might see a better result.

Thomas -is- our #1 ... it's not always pretty, but he plays with such heart, that you can't not love him. Plus he's always come up big for us.

2:22 p.m., October 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites