What A Game !!!
Tonight I went to the Bruins/Habs game in Montreal and what an event it was.
The game ended in a 3-3 tie with Montreal picking up an extra point in the penalty shot competition.
Highlights of the night were:
- Myself, my girlfriend, her son, and my nephew (all wearing Bruins Jerseys) being booed as we went towards the game and as we entered The Bell Center for 10 straight minutes (this wasn't just a few boos but rather ear deafening heckles from 100's of idiot Habs fans!
- Bruins tough guy, Shawn Thornton, and Georges Laracque had a spirited tilt early in the 1st period.
- The Bruins fell asleep during the final 10 minutes of the 1st period and fell behind 3-0.
- Timmy Thomas made the save of the century early in the 2nd period.
- The B's fought back in the final 2 periods with 2 goals and then with 46 seconds left Savard scored the tying marker to force overtime.
The Game was awesome as The Bruins showed great heart and fought back for the tie. The Habs got a break in this one as The Bruins were the dominate team but took 10 minutes off and the Habs took full advantage.
I can't wait until my next game!
Go Bruins Go!!!