Saturday, October 11, 2008

Minnesota???

I asked a friend, who is (supposedly) a big hockey fan, who The Bruins were playing tonight. He told me that Boston was on the road against Minnesota. I looked at him strangely (thinking, what an idiot) and promptly informed him that The North Stars had moved to Dallas years ago and all that Minnesota has left going for it was the night club, "1st Avenue".

I later checked the sched. myself and realized that it was not his mistake but rather the NHL's as they must have just reprinted an old schedule from years ago. How bad is this league getting when teams are scheduled to play against other teams that have since moved.

I predict a win by Boston in this one: By Default!

Go Bruins Go!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your condition. You'd forget if I told you, but I'll write it down here so you can look it up later.

The Minnesota Wild have been around since 2000. One of their very first games was against the Bruins, and for a team that doesn't exist they've certainly beaten them 5 out of 6 times. They also managed to come back from 3-1 defecits twice to make it to the western conference quarterfinals in 2003.

Here's something else you may have missed:

Raymond Bourque was traded to the Colorado Avalanche and then in the next year, he finally won the cup.

If you're memory is really THAT bad, Ray Bourque was a defenceman who played for the Bruins for 20 years.

Here's everyone who has been on the Bruins since: http://www.hockey-reference.com/pp/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&year_min=2001&year_max=2009&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&franch_id=BOS&is_active=&is_hhof=&pos=&handed=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=goals

Or I guess I just could have gone with:

hahahaha it's so funny that you're ignorant

4:44 p.m., October 11, 2008  
Blogger jimbuff said...

Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear that Minnesota got another team. They seemed like a good hockey market.

Ray Bourque traded to the Colorado Avalanche?? When did they change their name from the Rockies???

5:01 p.m., October 11, 2008  
Blogger Doobie said...

Nice sarcasm Buff, I'm proud! Unfortunately, it looks like we'd have needed the Wild's roster to also be fooled in order to win last nights game. Next up on the schedule: the Montreal Maroons!

9:08 a.m., October 12, 2008  
Blogger jimbuff said...

doobie: thank you - I knew you would get it - some people are just clueless... and I was called ignorant.

10:59 a.m., October 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites