Saturday, June 30, 2007

PC Wants Emery?

God I hope not. I mean it one thing to WANT Emery, but it is another to blow your whole wad on the guy. TSN (via the Ottawa Sun) is suggesting that that Chiarelli would need to offer around 3.5 to 4.7 million per to land Emery. Now, even if Ottawa decides not to match, this would mean Boston loses their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd draft picks for next year (likely good ones too). I am banking that the Bruins will do horrible so we can get a shot at Tavares (assuming the league will change the rules of eligibility for him).

Tavares or not, that kind of payout is a little to hard to swallow. I'm sure we can get a goalie for cheaper than that as a UFA. Again, I will re-iterate that Thomas was not our problem last year, and if we continue to waste our cap space on a goalie the new guy will be just as screwed as Thomas. Let's take Scott Clemmensen as a backup for Thomas.

Oh yeah, in other news the cap has increased to $50.3 million.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not like emery, I like that he fights but I just think he thinks hes tough and hes really not, he just picks fights

12:27 p.m., June 30, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

When I say I don't want him here, it is mainly due to the price tag attached. He might be worth $3.5 million, just not that plus draft picks. I think he's a really good fighter, but that is besides the point. Goalie fighting is purely entertainment, and it will not help the team in any way.

12:36 p.m., June 30, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Oh and a fighters job is to think he is tough and to pick fights. What else are they good for?

12:37 p.m., June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fighters are only put out for a few minutes a game, it seemed like emery really bugged opposing teams players, but then again, think about what I said does not really make sense, because I loved the two fights dafoe got into as a bruin, so maybe it is just because he is not on my team that I do not like him

12:44 p.m., June 30, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Well that comment makes more sense. It is entertaining to see them fight as long as it is like once a month ;)

1:03 p.m., June 30, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

At one point or another this off season The Bruins have been rumored to be after every goalie in the league. If they want a goalie (which they don't need) they could probably get better than Sugar Ray. I put little faith into this one as I think he will stay with the Sens - then again who knows what the hell is going through P.C's mind.

1:56 p.m., June 30, 2007  
Blogger Russ said...

well, now that they traded for Fernandez it's a moot point...

8:57 p.m., June 30, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Why can't I go out and not have stuff like this happen? Damn it Saturday nights are for drinking, not making trades!

8:15 a.m., July 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites