Monday, March 19, 2007

Holiday Blues - What If?

I was pondering The Bruins loss to The Rangers on Saturday and I was thinking about the St. Patrick's Day holiday and I remembered The Bruins also losing on Thanksgiving (actually the day after) and on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas). The B's have a young team and I was thinking that they might lose sight of their priorities and get all caught up in the spirit of these holidays. They have lost all 3 of these holiday games and 2 of these were to Carolina and The Rangers. If The Bruins were a more mature team and could handle the holiday excitement they might have been able to win these 3 games.

If The Bruins did win these 3 games the standings would now look like this:

7th - Bruins - 80 Pts.
8th - Carolina - 78 pts.
9th - Islanders - 78 pts.
10th - Toronto - 78 pts.
11th - Hated Habs - 78 pts.
12th - Rangers - 77 pts.

I might be totally out to lunch on this but there is a pattern to their holiday performances and they are a young team. Maybe if they were a little more focused around the holidays other teams would be chasing them instead of the other way around.

This is just a random thought that came to my head and I thought I would share it with you.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger number4bobbyorr said...

Interesting. At the very least it shows how crucial even a few games are come this time of year. Think of all the other games they didn't show up for!

Coach has really got his work cut out for him with this bunch. My impression is that they talk big in the dressing room but don't always follow through on the ice. Must be really frustrating for Lewis. I swear, there have been times that if I'd been the coach, I'd have grabbed a stick on run down the bench smacking them all on the back of the head as hard as I could!

10:55 a.m., March 19, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

They also lost 5-1 to Toronto on New Years Day. This would change my point totals to Boston to 83 and T.O. to 76.
#4 - I liked your point about Lewis' frustration - it is always easy to blame the coach (many blogs do) but at sometime we have to make the players themselves accountable as they are the ones playing the game.

1:00 p.m., March 19, 2007  
Blogger neb said...

you forgot some-

shoot out loss two days after halloween to buffalo.

loss to ottawa the day after australia day

loss to islanders after valentines day

loss the day before ground hogs day. oh the anticipation!

5:08 p.m., March 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites