Monday, February 19, 2007

Merchandise Monday XV

This is a Bruins shirt I bought in Montreal the last time I saw Boston play live. I wore it to the game that day.

The date was January 31/2004. It was an afternoon game and The Bruins destroyed the hated Habs 1-0. Glen Murray scored the only goal of the game 57 seconds into the 2nd period. Me with my typical luck missed the goal as I was not yet back into my seat from getting beers during the intermission. The trip cost me a couple thousand dollars in airfare, hotels, beer, food, etc.. and I miss the only goal scored.

Raycroft was just beginning to make a name for himself and take the starting position from Potvin. He recorded the shutout and was the game's #1 star as Montreal outshot Boston 34 - 16. Rayzor was amazing - the single best goaltending performance I have ever seen live.

Go Bruins Go !!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger TreeBob said...

I remember watching that game live on TV.

4:21 p.m., February 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites