Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's Official - Bruins win trade with Flames!

I was debating who won this trade and was leaning ever so slightly towards The Bruins. However, I stopped analyzing it when it donned on me that this was not a blockbuster trade and will really have little effect on either team - The Bruins won't automatically make the playoffs now and Calgary are not now guaranteed to win The Cup - little improvement made to either team.

I like the trade personally because I like Ference. He is my type of player - good in his own end, likes to hit and most importantly plays with a lot of heart.

I now know that Boston has won the trade because of what I saw on "That's Hockey" last nite.
Pierre McGuire said hands down that Calgary won the trade. For my American friends who may not know McGuire; he is a hockey comentator on TSN, who believe it or not, knows less about hockey than Eklund from "The Hockey Buzz". If McGuire says Calgary won hands down then make no mistake about it; Boston got the better of the deal!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nevets said...

why does everyone slam Eklund here?

He was the single most informative source during the lockout.....

6:09 p.m., February 13, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

nevets,
- I was actually slamming McGuire - using Eklund was just for comparision purposes.
- Your sarcasim made me laugh.

8:51 p.m., February 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites