Monday, January 29, 2007

Merchandise Monday XII

This week's entry is a sentimental one. This is a jacket that my Dad's sister, Aunt Mary Buffett, gave me for X-Mas in 1981.
During the winter of 1981/82 Aunt Mary came to Labrador City to live with us. Every Saturday nite myself and her would watch "Hockey Night In Canada" on CBC. I was a Bruins fan and she would cheer for whoever the Bruins were playing.
That year for X-Mas she totally surprised me and gave me this jacket (I was one happy 13 year old).
I decided to use the jacket as my entry this week because Aunt Mary passed away last week. I will always keep this jacket as a memory to her and our nites of watching hockey together.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Doobie said...

Wow, man, sorry to hear that Buff.

12:08 p.m., January 29, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Sorry for your loss, was she still living in the area?

So why no picture of you wearing it eh?

3:41 p.m., January 29, 2007  
Blogger Doobie said...

Hah! I don't know about Buff, but I'm nowhere close to fitting into clothes that fit me when I was 13!

4:58 p.m., January 29, 2007  
Blogger neb said...

sorry, buff

here's a toast to all the cool aunt's!

9:09 p.m., January 29, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

Treebob:
Doobie is partially correct about why I didn't wear it; I am little bit bigger than I was in 1981. Another reason I didn't wear it was b/c I was having a bad hair day and you know I always want to look good for our obsesssed readers: Heather and Becky.

Everybody:
Thanks for your sympathy for my Aunt. She was full of cancer and her last 6 months were not comfortable for her. Her death was not sudden and was actually a bit of a relief to see her suffering end.

9:51 p.m., January 29, 2007  
Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

JimBuff, sorry about your loss. I wish I had more aunts that liked hockey.....

That is one fine present indeed! Looks like something Don Cherry would have worn!

10:02 p.m., January 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites