Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It Gets Worse...

Well I just finished watching the second period and figured that this is as good a time for a post-game as any. What to say, not much.

1) No offence
2) No defence
3) No PK
4) Another short-handed goal
5) Penalties!
6) No aggression

Honestly, I think the lack of aggression is the worst right now. There is getting beaten, and then there's being bent over Buffalo's knee getting your naked ass spanked! I will need to look at the tape to see if Toivonen is to blame, but I really doubt it.

Some minor notes; Alberts was hit in the eye and nose with a puck and now has stitches and a visor. Dave Krejci, playing in his first ever NHL game, was felled like a giant redwood tree, and has not returned. Thomas has replaced Toivonen for the third period just as Toivonen replaced Thomas yesterday.

Maybe I will update after the game. Although something exciting would have to happen for me to do that.

3rd period update:

Stuart nailed a guy on the boards with a great hit, so Mair decided he would blind side Stuart. In comes Primeau and immediately beats him down. Great fight, shitty game. Final score 7-1 Buffalo. 48 hours and we get to do this again, yippy.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Russ said...

It's games like this that make me thankful for.... um... ah.... lemme think... oh screw it. Nothing.

Obviously, this is not a team that is going to make the playoffs. Let's see if they can at least salvage some dignity and trade a few worthless parts (can Grady Lewis be traded?) and play like the FRIGGIN' BRUINS.

Somewhere Stan Jonathan is weeping.

10:14 p.m., January 30, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

AGHHHH!!!!
F#@$ !!!!!
Team has quit!!!
To bad b/c they had some potential and do have talent to be a 5th to 8th place team in the conference.
Team has given up!!!
Last year all over again!!!
I am still a fan and will always be one but this bites!!!
This sucks ass!!!!
I feel bad for our goalies, Savard and PJ - the only players who care right now. The rest can go, be traded, retire or be sent down. We have to start building all over again.
I am very frustrated!!!
Team has quit!!!

10:26 p.m., January 30, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

Our supposed captain won't even open his mouth to say anything - leadership by example with team is what was not needed. We needed someone to lead the team - has to speak and get in people's faces. Not keep quit and give away scoring chances and be the biggest guy in the world and not hit anybody!!!

10:29 p.m., January 30, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

I'll chime in with a post and my thoughts tomorrow when I calm down.

10:29 p.m., January 30, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Actually Buff, Chara was chirping. NESN had the mic on him and he was yelling across the bench for Bergy, Boyes and some other to get out there and hussle. He played a good game and actually layed the body a few times.

Russ, I look forward to your bitching, I mean your next podcast. :) I am going to play the Nintendo Wii now, golf anyone?

10:36 p.m., January 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites