Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Explanation of my Absence

Tonite the Bruins play Ottawa in a divisional matchup. As of late The Bruins have OWNED (young persons word for dominated - I'm hip right?) the Senators. Hopefully this trend continues as every win now is of utmost importance as a playoff spot is in the balance. As for the standings, I know both teams are close but to answer Neb's question it is alright to start looking at the standings on January 27th - then we can talk about where they stand and who they have to catch or who we cannot let catch us. Until then The Bruins have to try and win as many games as possible. Game Note - Phil Kessel is back in Beantown - I hope that they are not rushing him!

Now on to why I haven't posted in a couple days. I have two loves in life: one of them is The Boston Bruins and the other is The Dallas Cowboys. On Saturday The Boys lost to The Seahawks, a team that they have 10 times more talent than, and were eliminated from the NFL playoffs. Anybody who knows me will tell you how competitve I am and how much I despise losing. The Boys losing pissed me off and how they lost (because of a stupid rookie mistake bonehead play) made it worse - I will not explain what happened because this is a Bruins site and I will not pimp other teams (hockey, football or any other sport) here. Anyway because of how I hate losing I wanted no contact with anybody so for the last few days, besides going to work, I have had no contact with anyone. I turned off the phone, stayed off the internet and never left the house. I am still very pissed but I know that I have to get on with my life again. Some people might find this going a little to far but when you are as passionate about sports as I am it becomes a major part of your life. I hate losing anything at anytime and I am sure that there is nobody on the planet who enjoys winning more than I do. Anyway I apoligize for not being here in the last few days but now all my time and energy can be devoted towards my beloved Bruins - The Cowboys distraction has been eliminated for the remainder of the season.

Treebob - are you going to be at the game tonite?

Prediction for tonites game:
Bruins - 6
Sens - 4

Go Bruins Go !!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger TreeBob said...

Yes I am here now!!!

7:07 p.m., January 09, 2007  
Blogger Doobie said...

Buff, sorry about the 'Boys. For the record, I don't hate the Cowboys, I just hated the media's coverage of Tony Romo who they touted as the next coming of Christ (Christ, BTW, would have been at least 25-31, 382 yards and 4 TDs in that Seahawks game).

8:46 p.m., January 09, 2007  
Blogger Doobie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:53 p.m., January 09, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

Doobie you are the 1st person I have ever heard in my life, that wasn't a Cowboys fan, say that they don't hate them. Cowboys need to go back to their arrogant, drug doing, trash talking ways of the 90's to be hated by all and start winning Superbowls again!

10:06 p.m., January 09, 2007  
Blogger Doobie said...

Let me put it to you this way. In central NJ, I'm surrounded by obnoxious Eagles and Giants fans. Hearing them bitch and moan actually brings joy to my life. Therefore, I guess I'm almost a Cowboys fan.

10:49 p.m., January 09, 2007  
Blogger jimbuff said...

doobie:
Dump The Raiders and join "The Boys"!
Actually I could never respect a fan who dumps their team for another so I guess almost a fan will have to do.
Also you must hate and I mean really hate fans of the J-E-T-S!!! These idiots drive me crazy and you are stuck right in the middle of them!

7:24 a.m., January 10, 2007  
Blogger Doobie said...

Fortunately, I managed to dodge the Jets fans in this area. Not sure why, there's just fewer Jets fans than Giants fans where I live.

11:39 a.m., January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites