Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Next Game - Fantasy

Another glorious night of volleyball! I know, I know you're jealous.

So with the home opener against Calgary only a night away, Lewis has announced that Toivonen will get the start again. I think that decision sucks, as my boy Thomas deserves to get the start after his great game in St-Louis. He was more like his normal self in the game and I think he should be the goto guy in the home opener. Hopefully this is a cosmetic decision by management because Toivonen will be our "future" number one.

Line-ups in todays practice were the same as I quoted in my last post. So who knows what will come of that. Certainly we can't be any worse offensively. Actually, I take that back, Kiprusoff is in nets...

So I made a trade today in one of my Yahoo pools, and I was wondering how you think I did. My team sucks at goals. I have Raycroft, Gerber, and Khabibulin. Last week I did not meet the minimum games played so I lost all my stats. Offensively I am good, so I can afford to give up a forward.

So I traded Spezza and Gerber for Brodeur and Cammalleri. Spezza is the key. I could get royally fucked by letting him go. He sucks right now but I really can't see that lasting much longer. Brodeur is a slow starter so I see him picking it up soon. I will definetly get enough starts now that I have him and Cammalleri is seeing more PP time this year as well.

So what do you think?? Risky I know but I had to do something.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Doobie said...

I think it's a pretty even trade.

I tend to think that the edge *might* be going to the other guy, but that's only because I think Gerber will have a strong season playing in Ottawa. But since his previous numbers indicate he's not much more than an average to above-average goalie, my hunch might be proven wrong within the next month and Gerber might just as well flop.

With Brodeur, you have one of the best goalies in the game and goalies will make or break a team in fantasy hockey since they can singlehandedly win, or lose you categories.

5:02 p.m., October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites