Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tidbits

It is quite possible I will not have time to post this weekend as it is Canadian Turkey (Thanksgiving) Day on Sunday.

Friday, October 5th, 2006 - Boston Bruins vs Florida Panthers!

First game of the season for Boston and I am psyched.
The Starting line-up has not been officially announced but it should be:

Kessel - Bergeron - Boyes
Sturm - Savard - Murray
Axelesson - Primeau - Donovan
Mowers - Stastny - Hoggan

Chara - Alberts
Mara-Stuart
York-Dempsey

The only official announcement was regarding the starting goaltender: TIM THOMAS

After his stellar pre-season (see post below) and Toivonen's final pre-season drubbing at the hands of the Rangers, he was a lock to start the season. No announcement has been made regarding a starter for the Saturday match-up against Tampa Bay.

Tenkrat was placed on waivers yesterday and he would clear if no one picked him up by noon today. It was said he is still travelling with the team so I am not sure why he was put on waivers in the first place. It would be a shame if we lost him, as I believe he will get better as the season progresses. He just needs to get used to playing in North America again after playing in Europe for the last few years.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger jimbuff said...

Treebob,
I do not understand. I thought with the holiday you would have more time to post wouldn't you???
Also how come Quebec has Turkey Day (Thanksgiving) on Sunday when the rest of the country has it on Monday??? Why does Quebec always have to be different??? - Almost as silly as the Americans celebrating this holiday a month late.
Anyway I have no idea why I am saying this - hockey is started - Go Bruins.
I watched The Leafs game last night and Hall Gill Is Terrible. I hope Hal II (Chara) is alot better for us this weekend.
Are You Ready For Some Hockey!!!!!
p.s. On an unrelated note "The Boys" are playing the Eagles on Sunday. Hockey, Turkey and Football - I might just have a good weekend for a change.

Jim

10:40 p.m., October 05, 2006  
Blogger Doobie said...

You know, it's funny because I was going to poke fun at Canada for trying to steal Thanksgiving from us, but then a little research revealed that *Canada* actually had the first Thanksgiving in North America. Sure, the participants wore toques instead of tall hats with buckles on them but rumor has it the beer flowed more freely up there.

7:43 a.m., October 06, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

UMMMM BEER !!!!

8:14 a.m., October 06, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

I don't think me eating Turkey on Sunday is a Quebec tradition. My family (in Nova Scotia) has always eaten on Sunday.

Damn I forgot to get a turkey, best go do that today eh?


Now I need a Keiths!

Sociable!

8:21 a.m., October 07, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

As Doob alluded to, Thanksgiving is a Canadian invention. Actually back then Americans and Canadians were all British (and some times French) anyway. Here is a good History http://www.crewsnest.vispa.com/thanksgivingcanada.htm

7:01 p.m., October 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites