Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Big "C" - TreeBob's Perspective



It comes as no real surprise today that Zdeno Chara was named Captain of the Boston Bruins. What's everyone think? I know what one of my fellow bloggers thinks (and so will you soon), but how about you?? I know nobody will answer but it makes me feel good to "think" people are actually reading this :)

I think he is a perfect selection. It is obvious by some of Zdeno's comments that he loves playing and that he has taken it upon himself to lead this team. Not only with his presence in the dressing room and practice, but his selfless play on the ice. So far, he is everything Joe Thornton was not. Joe never led the team in practice, rarely talked to the media with any enthusiasm, and at times was a ghost on the ice. Will he be as good as Bourque...we'll have to wait and see.

Murray and Bergeron are good choices for assistants and this will be good training time for Bergeron to grow into his eventual role. I may have picked Axelsson over Murray but I'm pulling hairs. Here's hoping for a great year!

GAME ON!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Doobie said...

No gripes here. I wouldn't have complained if it went to Murray or Axelsson who are more seasoned Bruins veterans, but the bottom line is that it should be who brings the best work ethic to the team and can light a fire under players asses if needed. Indications are that Chara's all that, plus he's played for a winning team in Ottawa.

Thornton was never happy in that role, and doesn't hold that title in San Jose (Patrick Marleau does). Of course, I never thought that should have been reason to ship him out of Boston either. They should have given the C to someone else (or just have "A"s) and let Joe play.

8:15 p.m., October 03, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:25 p.m., October 04, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

Perfect selection??? - What color is the sky in Quebec? Just kidding but I think that your opinion is based on the wrong reporting we get in the media and not on fact.

Jim

3:52 p.m., October 04, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

No, I think the Boston media is pretty accurate. I try to read all articles I can (associate press, Herald, Globe, etc..). I don't believe the media has been sugar coating anything.

He was just as talked about here in Ottawa (I live here remember) and from the games I watched, live and on TV, he played amazing.

Maybe he shouldn't be paid the money he is getting but if the Bruins didn't pay him there were a line of other teams waiting to do it. We are better with him and if we paid him a million too much, so be it.

7:15 p.m., October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites