Tuesday, October 10, 2006

If it's Thursday, it must be a home game

I just noticed an unusual trend in the scheduling this season. Of the 27 Thursdays in the regular season this year, the Bruins have a game on 22 of them. That in itself isn't so unusual...Thursdays are normally a busy hockey night. What *is* unusual is that, of those 22 games, the Bruins are at home on *19* of them.

The only Thursday games they play on the road this year are this Thursday against the Blues, February 15th against the Islanders and April 5th against the Sabres.

So, if you live in the greater Boston area and have nothing going on a Thursday night, there's a good chance you can catch a Bruin game.

Update: Apparently, this isn't something new. After a glance at last year's schedule, I noticed the same trend. Not being from the Boston area, I'm unsure exactly how far back this trend goes (Cam Neely's days? Bobby Orr? Lionel Hitchman?).

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger TreeBob said...

I know for the last couple years I have noticed Thursday is also the day my networks like to play Boston games. This unfortunetly, is also the day that ER and Grays Anatomy is on.

My wife wins on that day :(

11:05 p.m., October 10, 2006  
Blogger Doobie said...

That's when you go find another TV!

6:23 a.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

Now you mention find another TV. If I knew that last year I might still have a wife. (Just a little joke - I am still trying to keep my humor).

Jim

7:31 a.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

haha!

Can you make it down to Ottawa this year for a game Jim?

1:57 p.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

I was going to mention that we should try and see a game. I'll look in to it but it should not be a prob. I usually go to MTL. for a couple of games a year. I'll just switch one to Ottawa. Maybe Doob can come up also? He's closer than what I am.

Jim

3:00 p.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

I am already going to the December 19th Bruins/Ottawa game. There is also a game here Jan. 9th, and 27th, and March 27th.

I would say January 27th is the best purely because it is on a Saturday. Any game is good for me though as I am in the area.

3:54 p.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger Doobie said...

It's scary that I have to cross through at least two states and customs to get to Ottawa, and yet I'm closer than you are.

I'm going to New Hampshire in two weeks and I'm already dreading *that* road trip. LOL

4:48 p.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

I'll look into Jan.27th.
Should be a go!
Jim

9:15 p.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

OK so doob and Jim let me know soon as you can so we can book it all at once.

11:26 p.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger Doobie said...

LOL...no way can I make it up to Ottawa...thanks for the offer though.

6:38 p.m., October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites