Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ghosts of the Blog

It has been quiet around here, and considering there are three of us writing on this blog, that's quite a feet. I can't speak for the others, but I refrained from writing due to the poor play of late from my favourite team. I was going by the old adage "If you haven't got anything good to say, then shut the fuck up!"

The Bruins play their first home game of the season after their horrible opening road trip, finishing with a record of 1-3-1 (last in Eastern).



The picture above is of the newly installed surface at Banknorth, doesn't it look purdy?

Probable lines for the game versus Calgary on Thursday are:

Axelsson-Savard-Boyes
Kessel-Bergy-Murray
Donovan-Primeau-Sturm
Hoggan-Mowers-Stastny

Now the lines above are from today's practice so things could change. I would be surprised to see Sturm switch places with Axelsson, but what do I know. Murray is definitely playing with Bergeron and Kessel, but I'm not sure why Lewis didn't try Sturm-Bergeron-Boyes for a few games first.

Maybe more later.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a theory on why the coach is avoiding putting together the best line from the end of last year...

the end of last year was a disaster. this team must have 4 lines going and reverting to one line from LAST YEAR will not get THIS year going.

so that said... sturm bergeron boyes will not be reunited...ever.

i could be wrong,

neb

8:42 p.m., October 17, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Good theory, but frankly right now I could live with the one line scoring. At the moment we got nothing!

8:53 p.m., October 17, 2006  
Blogger Doobie said...

Glad to see someone post around here! I didn't have much to say aboug the weekend games because I didn't see them (it's a bitch following the B's from NJ) and because all indicators show that they've been pulling their routine act so far of showing up in the 1st period and then disappearing in the 2nd and 3rd.

let's hope they can pull things together now that they're home. 1-3-1 is a shitty way to start the seaosn.

9:42 p.m., October 17, 2006  
Blogger Latrappe said...

It will will be more dramatic if they lose 5/5 or 4/5 during their homestand. Considering the fact that the B's will play Buffalo twice and they way the played last week, i don't see how they will be able to get more then 2 or 3 points. Let's wish that those guys will have enough pride to show up and play hard..

12:15 a.m., October 18, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

2 of my favorite things in life on the Boston ice. The Bruins and McDonalds.
I will be posting tomorrow morning.
I have a couple of ideas in mind - I have not posted lately because of work load. I have been putting in a lot of OT to keep my mind off of other things.

Buf

1:56 p.m., October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites