Friday, November 10, 2006

Enough Already !!!!!

I hate to criticize The Bruins because they are my one true passion. I have been biting my tongue all season but enough is enough! I will hold back on being to critical because the season is still early but there are some issues I have to address.
First I will start with the positives:
- P.J. is giving it his all and playing his heart out every shift. The rest of the team could learn from him; he is a true leader by example (should be the captain).
- Savard is also playing well and truely does seem to care about winning. This guy is a great player (better than I thought he would be).
- Primeau and Mellow Yellow are doing their jobs and playing decent.
Next I will discuss the bad:
- Sturm, Boyes and Bergie have all developed a case of Russ Courtnalitis (this is where your skates move faster than your brain). They are running around crazy (actually working hard) but accomplishing nothing.
- Kessel is better than I expected but still is not ready to be a 1st or 2nd liner. Put him on the 3rd or 4th line with less pressure and let him develop.
Now for the ugly:
Defence!!!
- Mara is a player I watched alot of last season in Phoenix (the Gretzky factor sucked me in to watching these games) and I was impressed. When we got him this year I thought that he would be a great fit. However, the Yotes sent us a different player disguised in Mara's body. This is not the player who I watched last season.
- Jurcina showed flashes of greatness at times last season and I figured that being a regular would improve his game and these flashes would be more regular. However, he must be satisfied with just being a regular player because so far this year he has showed nothing.
- Chara is a player I will not comment on much now because I want to give him a little more time to see if he comes around. He can be a great player but so far hasn't been.
- Lashoff is a 20 year old kid just up from Providence and is the only "D" that has made any positive impression on me so far.
Next we have goaltending:
Our goaltending is not as bad as their numbers show. Hard to play in nets behind a team with zero defence. That said however, they have not stolen any games for us this year either. Really good goalies can steal a win for a team even with bad "D".
- Now we have the worst of the worst:
Coach Lewis: Does not seem to be pushing any kind of system and if he is his players don't respect him enough to follow it. They are just running around hoping to win games with no solid plan in place. Every game the lines are different - players need to be familar with their line mates to really click. This takes more than one game. Set some lines and stick to them (this should have been done from day 1). Be a hard ass - bench the lazy - send a message - change the captain - come on Lewis the ship will not right itself. We hired you to fix last years problems; not add to them.

Sorry I had to post this but it was building up inside of me. I really do hate saying anything bad about My Bruins but it was all honest. Last nites lost to The Shitty Leafs pissed me off. They are a team with half the talent of The Bruins but are having an ok season because they are playing with heart and have bought into a team concept. As much as I hate the Leafs and hate to say it The Bruins can learn somethings by looking at how they are playing.

All this said I don't think we are as bad as our record and could be a playoff team but we have to turn things around soon before it is to late.

Let me know what you think about what I said or what your opinion is. These are just my opinions so far on watching every minute of every game they played this season plus probably 20 - 25 other games the Bruins weren't involved in. Not all of my opinions are necessarily right - I still don't have a perfect solution for this "new" NHL which has both good and bad points.

Go Bruins !!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Latrappe said...

Your comments regarding Axelsson, Lashoff,the goaltending situation and the defense are very accurate. The point regarding our keepers ( whatever the name who put in ) is the bad habit, they have, to allow the bad goal at the wrong moment. That's a momentum killer everytime. I think you're a bit too hard on Chara because he play a lot of minutes and, often, with a rookie. I would have the tendancie to ripp off a guy like Mara instead of Chara. His -4, last night, was less then impressive.

3:27 p.m., November 10, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Well holy crap, Buffet finally has come out of his shell!

Dude you can get mad anytime you like. It is 1/3 your blog, say your mind. If any wankers say stuff we can gang beat them ;)

OK to the post; PJ is great, should he be the captain? Maybe, but I still think Chara is fine. Captains are not the Bruins problem. If we get to the playoffs then we will see if Chara can rally the team.

The last 2 games the Berge, Boyes, Sturm line have been better, so maybe they are coming around. Kessel is playing on the 3rd line so you got your wish. I think he is playing on the PP still though.

D sucks, not too many positives there. Latrappe likes to prop up Lashoff as doing a great job for being a rookie, and he is right. Unfortunately with the Bruins we have 4 rookies to worry about (well we will when Mark Stuart gets back). All of them are making too many mistakes. Jurcina is worse than any of them, even worse than York and Dempsy!

Our top 3 defencemen Stuart, Chara and Mara are not playing their best hockey either, and that combined with our rookie crop is really killing us game after game. Mara, oh my God he is stinking. I just can't say anything positive with him right now.

I agree that the goalies are not up to snuff either. At least, we here, unlike other blogs understand that most of the blame is not on the goaltenders. I would like to see Thomas take a game by the nuts like last year, but so far nothing.

3:36 p.m., November 10, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

I don't want to be mad and say stuff. I want to be happy and say stuff because we are winning and are the best. I want to trash talk not critize. I will do my job of shooting my mouth off but first the Bruins have to do their job and start winning.
I need the Bruins because it is just them and The Cowboys and if you watched football last Sunday you already know that boat is sunk (still better than the Raiders however).
I can have a lot better comments if they are winning.

3:45 p.m., November 10, 2006  
Blogger neb said...

hey....some other blogs have peeps speaking the word of team play being the problem not goaltending!!! do listen to a word that latrappe says....he is really a montreal fan.

10:09 a.m., November 11, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Hey, you mean "don't" listen to latrappe? :)

Yeah, I think you may be right about that.

10:13 a.m., November 11, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

I've been saying Axelsson should be captain for a long time. I was absolutely bullshit when Chara was named captain. But then again, I was pissed that the Joe Thornton trade news bumped the news of my boy Jon Girard retiring completely off the radar last Nov 30. Yeah, the Joe thing was H-U-G-E, but goddammit, give Jon a chance to get some news. But yes, PJ- captain. I concur.

1:04 a.m., November 12, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

heather,
good to see you agree with me on pj being captain. Most people (all clueless) laugh when I say this.
Good to finally hear from you. If you keep agreeing with me you can comment here anytime ha ha. You are always welcome.

4:25 p.m., November 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites