Monday, October 30, 2006

Merchandise Monday

For my first post of "Merchandise Monday" I decided to share with you the first Bruins item I ever owned. I got this when I was 3 years old (almost 36 years ago!!). My brother who was a Bruins fan made this for me in his grade 3 art class when he was 8.
The reason he made this was because at the time my favorite possession was a Charlie Brown book called "Happiness is a Warm Puppy". This book talks about what makes people happy and it always starts with happiness is... - The last page ends with Charlie Brown holding Snoppy with the immortal words "Happiness is a Warm Puppy". My brother being a Bruins fan (this was 1971) also wanted me to be one so he made his own "Happiness is" for me. Of course at this time it had to be "Happiness is Orr". This was the first Bruins item I ever owned and I have had it hanging somewhere ever since.
I am pretty sure that it is a one of a kind original.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Doobie said...

Hah! That's awesome. I remember the "Happiness is..." books very well.

3:14 p.m., October 30, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Damn right it is original! Role it up and bring it to Ottawa for the game dude! We will proudly wave it around, that is if it doesn't fall apart first. It looks pretty frail.

1:43 p.m., October 31, 2006  
Blogger jimbuff said...

It is tattered on the edges but it is burlap so it is still fairly stable.
I'll know in a week or two about going to a game in Ottawa - there is a slim chance I might take a trip to Asia. I have not been there yet so I have to decide. I'll be in touch.
Stay tune next Monday when I unveil my most prized possession - You guys are going to love it!

Jim

3:19 p.m., October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites