Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Trade Day

Today is the last day for trades in The NHL this season. Usually a lot of hype with little consequence. The Bruins are on a 2 game mini slide with a loss last night to Philly (4-2) and a tie Saturday against Washington (3-3).

I hope the Bruins do not panic and do to much today trade wise; they have a great team and have depth everywhere. However, one great trade for the right player could mean Lord Stanley's visit this season.

Most of the team should stay but if the right player was available the following players should be considered to get him (this is just in my humble opinion): Bergeron, Hunwick, Kessel, Sobotka, Manny and/or Rask plus draft picks. These players should only be considered if for the right player; besides that don't make the trade and everyone else should be off limits!!!

Going to be an interesting day. We have a chance at the Cup this season now let's see how the Bruins' hype as, "We want it as bad as you" lives up. Some will say don't sacrifice the future for a cup run - I say screw the future: GO FOR IT! We haven't had a Cup since 1972. The chance doesn't come often so take the leap when you can!!!

With or without any trades The Bruins are The Cup favorite this year (50% chance now) but wouldn't a player to almost guarantee the Cup (80-90%) be nice to get today?

Sorry if I am rambling but it is early andf I am excited: This could be the year and NOBODY wants it as bad as me.

Go Bruins Go!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger number4bobbyorr said...

Jumbuff, I just can't believe you'd be willing to part with Bergeron, Kessel, or even Hunwick!

It's way too easy to see greener grass everywhere else... these are three great players whom B's fans should appreciate more than that.

3:17 p.m., March 04, 2009  
Blogger jimbuff said...

#4: really don't like Kessel - not a true team first player - wants to look good personally 1st.

Bergeron I love but I fear he will never be the same again so why not get someone for him now while we can - I hope I am wrong and he does get form back but I am not holding my breath.

Hunwick: I like but felt if we could get the right player for him then go for it.

I love are team this year and Kessel is the only player I have issue with but he may come around; after all Chara finally did.

4:08 p.m., March 04, 2009  
Blogger number4bobbyorr said...

Chara finally came around? In what way? He's been solid both on the ice and in the room from the beginning.

Kessel continues to improve with each passing six-month period. That alone should make it clear that he is a special player. And with his speed and you get someone any team would love to have. Who would you get who has his speed and skill? And how much more would you have to pay them? You need a variety of player types to win--they can't all be power forwards.

Sorry, I just don't get your thinking on this one.

4:15 p.m., March 04, 2009  
Blogger jimbuff said...

My train of thought was that for the right player (and only the right player) if I was GM I would consider a trade for one of these players if I thought it could get me that much closer to winning a cup (none since 1972 so I would go for it).

Kessel does have great skill and speed but is an individual playing a team game - I played with these type players and they drive me nuts. Skilled players can still be team first players (Krejci and Savard are great examples). Can you imagine if P.J. (with his heart and team attitude) had Kessel's skill or vice versa (now that would be a player).

I found Chara thought he was bigger than the team when he first came to Boston - tried to do it all himself the 1st year - has now bought into the team system and trusts his team mates.

Anyway I am very happy with what we have right now and really do like the 2 players we picked up today for what we had to give up to get them.

7:48 p.m., March 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites