Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Who are these Bruins...

Boy the bruins are really making me work. This is supposed to be my summer vacation!

So as quick as that I make a post and go to a movie and bam...the Bruins have "hired" Claude Julien. Chiarelli was quoted recently saying he probably wouldn't announce his man until after the draft, yeah right. This is of coarse unconfirmed, but it's being said they will make an announcement today (yeah I'm up late).

Monsieur Julien was fired by the Devils just before the end of the regular season after leading them to a first place record in their division. Now this might bring back some bad memories for some Bruins fans. I just think it is particularly fitting if Julien is indeed hired.

In 2000, he led the Devils back into the playoffs but was fired by
Lamoriello with 9 games remaining in the regular season. Assistant coach Larry Robinson replaced him and the Devils went on to win their 2nd Stanley Cup. He joined the Boston Bruins as head coach in 2001. However, after two years of poor efforts by his teams, he was fired late in the 2002-03 season with only 9 games remaining in the season.

So who is it I am talking about? Come on you know who it is! The quote (modified by me) was taken from wikipedia.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Ftork

2:36 p.m., June 20, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

yeah that was an easy one. I wonder if any body else even read my post :)

12:12 a.m., June 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites