Saturday, July 01, 2006

I Love the Bruins

Well I have been gone for quite awhile. I am sure what regulars I had have all left. That's OK , I just got tired of writing after the Bruins season hit the shitter last year. Today's two signings have really got me fired up! The Big Z and Marc Savard! Two quality signings for sure.

With Zdeno Chara the Bruins get the defenceman they have been missing for years. He makes use of his size, unlike Hal Gill (signed today by Toronto...suckers), scores goals like Leetch should have, and can beat the living shit out of anyone in the league!

Marc Savard, is a true number one centre. Since joining the Thrashers in 2003, the Ottawa native has steadily increased his point totals, peaking last year with 28 - 69 - 97 total in 82 games. The new-look NHL certainly agreed with him, and hopefully he can retain most of those points with the Bruins.

The 1st question I have is, who will be the number one centre for the team? I would hate to see Sturm, Boyes and Bergeron broken up, but one possible solution would be to have Savard centre Murray and "Add FA Winger Here" and the two lines can share the minutes equally.

Other recent news items include the buyouts of McEachern and Green and the Bruins getting the speedy, goal scorer Phil Kessel with the 5th overall pick in the draft. Gorton has been very busy leading up to the start of free agency, shipping Andrew Raycroft to the Maple Leafs for Tuukka Rask (2005 1st rounder), and then flipping Boynton to Phoeinx for Paul Mara (excellent ofensive upside).

I can't help but feel that new GM Peter Chiarelli (brother of the Mayor of Ottawa) had a lot, unofficially, to do with all the recent trades and signings. Gorton or Chiarelli, it doesn't really matter, someone is finally doing it right in Boston. Oh did I forget to mention Chiarelli fired Coach Sullivan and hired Dave Lewis? Sorry about that! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites