Thursday, January 03, 2008

Total Scam

The Bochenski deal has reminded me of something that has irked me for a while. This deal looks like Brian Burke clearing a D man and his salary to make room for Niedermayer. Anyone else ever buy the "retirement" baloney! This was giving vet a vacation to save cap room while assuring him more help for the play off run by acquiring Matt Schneider in the off season. A shrewd calculated move that wreaks of messing with the intention of the cap. When will this become common place that a player "retires" for half a season to allow his team to restock in the off season? Total scam but an effective scam, congratulations go to the Bruins too, got you a number 5-6 dman and guilt by association to this act.

1 Comments:

Blogger number4bobbyorr said...

I doubt it's a scam neb. Niedermayer's indecision may have been helped along a bit by the GM. I think both of them were waiting to see how things would go without him. I may be completely off the mark, but I doubt there is anything more to it than that.

As for the trade, I think its the right move. People always want the big trade from the GM, but I think PC is being conservative (which is good for the team) yet shrewd with his in-season deals. His deals may not make the headlines but they are slowly but surely improving the team. High marks for PC from me.

1:51 p.m., January 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites