Monday, December 10, 2007

The rediculous

I have bit my tongue about somethings that were said last year and were continued to be said this year. Its time to set the record straight about some of the ridiculous opinions that are put out on into the internet

Axelsson is a very good player and he does fit well on the first line. True despite what you might read around the internet.

Murray should be traded. False! This is a player who can bury the puck and plays responsible.

Oh where are the play Lashoff guys! The defense is no good? Include those fools with the Thomas is a back up, guys, who now have to shut up. The ability of the defense was not a problem last year it was the the ability of 6 guys on the ice to play team defense.

All the lamenters of lost players care to step forward for a second? As of this posting name the players who have been on the Bruins recently who are currently ahead of the Bruins in the standings on their new teams? Shean Donovan. Say it to yourself again - the only x-bruin currently ahead of any current Bruin in the entire NHL, Shean Donovan. OK OK. You want to know who is tied too? David Tanabe and Brad Isbister. Boy people sure were upset when these three left town!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger number4bobbyorr said...

Hey neb -- these people and their crazy ideas is something I've been thinking about. I think it comes down to where your loyalties lie when you call yourself a fan. For me, when push comes to shove I'm a fan of the players. I was when I was a kid when Orr and Espo were my heroes and I am now. When I hear a fan say that Muzz or Thomas suck or calmly say that PJ should be traded, it cuts like a knife. These same people criticize the coach at the first sign of trouble and usually think the GM is an idiot. So where do their loyalties actually lie?

I feel sorry for these people. When the Bruins have some success I'll be thrilled. Not just for my personal bragging rights, but because I've gotten to know the players and I'll be happy for *them*.

The thing about these "fans" is they really aren't fans in the traditional Hockey sense. What they are are wanna be GMs. They don't really give a crap about what goes on out on the ice. They likely never watch a full game on TV, much less go to one. They just want to show how smart they are. The really funny thing is that they usually end up looking like idiots!

11:26 a.m., December 11, 2007  
Blogger Katie O'D said...

Tim Thomas bashing is one of my biggest peeves. In the offseason everyone talked about addressing the Bruins' "goaltending problem" as if it were glaring. If you look at Thomas' numbers from last year- all of them- it's clear that the problem was in front of him. And if you watched any games last year what you'd see is that he was often the only thing keeping them in it. I couldn't be happier that his critics are wrong again this year, but how many times does he need to prove himself?
There's a definite bias against players who aren't considered naturally skilled, Thomas and Axelsson being great examples. PJ bring so much to the team that he's nearly indispensible, but he still doesn't get enough respect. If he clicks with the top line, he deserves to be there. I've never seen him do anything but help the Bruins.
Those are "rediculous" ideas, and they are from idiots. I was at the Pittsburgh game last week, and Andrew Ference was amazing. I credit him with their comeback, as his fight with Crosby and the goal he set up got the Bruins back into the game. Still, everyone around me ragged on him all night long. They blamed him for Crosby's goal (Chara's fault), and got annoyed that he didn't shoot the puck or hit someone on every play (even if it was the wrong move). Players like Ference and PJ don't make noticeable enough contributions for some fans to recognize, but they do the little things right and work their asses off. You can't ask any more from them, and they're my favorite players for it.
I hate to say it, but Bostonians need someone to hate. Last year they had legitimate targets in Dave Lewis (and, arguably, Chara). There's no reason to hate anyone this year. They should hate the Flyers, or just go back to the Canadiens.

1:46 p.m., December 23, 2007  
Blogger TreeBob said...

Katie! Are you comign back to us in the blogging world?

1:49 p.m., December 23, 2007  
Blogger Katie O'D said...

Haha, no. I've been tempted since the Bruins don't completely suck, but I think I only have time for reading and not writing.

4:53 p.m., December 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites