Wednesday, September 27, 2006

News, Rumours, Thoughts...

The Bruins take on the New York rangers tonight At Madison Square Garden, New York. According to the Globe the starting line-up for the game tonight will be:

Kessel-Bergeron-Boyes
Sturm-Savard-Murray
Axelsson-Primeau-Donovan
Tenkrat-Mowers-Brookbank

Chara-Stuart
Mara-York
Alberts-Jurcina
Timmah! "The Man" Thomas

I know Alberts groin pull was only minor, but I would be happier if they left him out tonight so he would be fresh for the start of the season. I am sure he has made the team, so what's the point?

Did anyone notice Kessel is still on the first line with Bergy and Boyes? It seems the rumour is that Kessel will remain on the 1st line when they season starts. Here's hoping he makes a good Sturm replacement because he's looked good with Savard and Murray so far this pre-season.
****************************************
In practice today they set up line combinations with wearing different coloured jerseys :

Kessel-Bergeron-Boyes (gold)
Sturm-Savard-Murray (red)
Axelsson-Primeau-Donovan (white)
Brookbank-Mowers-Hoggan (gray)
Tenkrat-Stastny-Kalus (teal)

These combinations speak for themselves. The top four lines are virtually a lock for beginning the season with the Bruins. How many additional forwards will they take is still unknown. It is possible they will take one or two extra. In my opinion the only reason Kalus is in camp is because it is unknown whether the Bruins can send Kalus to
Providence.


Typically they would be forced to send a player of his age back to his junior team, but there seems to be some extenuating circumstances with Kalus. The NHL is due to make a ruling this week. Look for the Bruins to send Kalus to
Providence if the NHL agrees. Kalus will definitely develop faster in Providence.

****************************************

Does anyone know what position Wade Brookbank spent the majority of his career playing?? The Bruins and hockey DB list him as a forward but Yahoo and EA NHL 07 lists him as a defenceman. If he is both that's great because he can fill in both positions while not in the penalty box ;)

Sound off!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Doobie said...

It's news like that makes me bump Kessel up my fantasy draft lists.

9:52 p.m., September 27, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

What no response to my NHL 07 question??
Did you get it? I want to take you on some night.

Yeah I wasn't planning on drafting Kessel but now I may. Which one of us will take a chance on him first!

11:20 p.m., September 27, 2006  
Blogger Doobie said...

What? Where? I'd do it but a) I still need to buy it first and b) I don't have a NIC for my PS2.

What's all this nonsense I'm hearing about having to use the stick to shoot now as opposed to simply using the "shoot" button?

3:03 p.m., September 28, 2006  
Blogger TreeBob said...

The "where" is in my last post. read the section on Brookbank and respond!

So you have the old shitty PS2? Buy the new one or get the network add on. I want to take you on.

I was all excited to get the game because you said you were going out to buy it right away! ;)

3:30 p.m., September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Hockey Related Websites